- Bankruptcy Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Elder Law & Special Needs Planning
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Litigation & Appellate Services
- Real Estate Law
- Product Liability
Sessions, Fishman & Nathan, L.L.C. provide experienced counsel in business formation law. We can guide you through the process of creating a separate legal entity for your small business and help ensure you meet local, Louisiana, and federal regulations. We’ll also review the benefits and potential drawbacks of each type of business entity to identify the structure that best fits your needs.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney for Business Formation
When you own a start-up, having the right structure helps your business remain in compliance with applicable local, state, federal, and industry-specific laws. You can also access tax advantages depending on the legal business entity you create. What’s more, forming a separate legal entity for your business shields you from personal liability. That means you cannot lose your personal property to a business creditor or lawsuit.
Our Business Formation Law Services
When you need trustworthy representation for your business, our attorneys provide comprehensive formation services to help you incorporate for the first time or expand into new ventures. We can help you:
- Draft legal documents for your business, including but not limited to operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and partnership agreements
- Select the most appropriate entity for your business, whether your structure requires a corporation, partnership, or limited liability company
- File the correct paperwork and help your company comply with state filing guidelines
- Establish a framework for resolving disputes that may arise with partners and other stakeholders
Our Firm’s Competitive Advantage
When you work with Sessions, Fishman & Nathan, L.L.C., you receive the benefit of our six-decade business law heritage. We have intimate knowledge of the business laws that affect New Orleans and Louisiana entrepreneurs and can help you navigate the endless red tape of municipal regulations. Call (504) 582-1500 and make an appointment to consult with our attorneys about legal business formation today.